Down equipment care and washing instruction
To ensure a long life for your down equipment please follow these care and washing instructions:
- Before use shake your sleeping bag, jacket or vest and check proper down distribution. Do not store in a stuff sack, Store in a storage sack or hang in a dry place.
- Compression of down for an extended period of times will decrease down life and efficiency
- Never use chemicals or strong detergent to wash down equipment. Use mild liquid detergent and only warm water 30°C on wool cycle. (We recommend to use NIKWAX DOWN WASH DIRECT for wash).
- Use only commercial front loading washing machines or air dry in horizontal position out of direct sunlight.
- Shake twice a day approx. 4 days to ensure proper down distribution while your down equioment is drying
- After correct washing you may expect your sleeping bag, down jacket or vest to maintain its original loft and long life